Here's a thing........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 9: Duo 2.66Ghz Core, 24" Screen, 4 Gb's Ram, 640Gb Hdd, 2 1TB WD External Drives.
I like to keep my HDD as clean and free of clutter as possible. Whilst looking for rubbish whilst in Finder/search for and then you have your "Today, Yesterday, Past weeks history and so-on - If I delete the contents of one of these folders, will that also delete the contents from my HDD?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Yes it will!
They are smart folders showing actual content of your hard drive.
If you wish, you can drag them out of the side bar, or go to finder system preferences and uncheck the Smart folders you wish to remove!

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 9: Duo 2.66Ghz Core, 24" Screen, 4 Gb's Ram, 640Gb Hdd, 2 1TB WD External Drives.
Many thanks 6string. Phew - my fingers were hovering on the delete button just before I thought I'd better find out out for sure.:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
That's ok, I too have fingers constantly hovering over the delete button for the same reason....
Because I know I can't resist, I keep constant backups, as well as install disc, bootable install disc on external hard drive, as well as bootable copy of my system on an external backup at the ready!
Deleting to clear up space, can be addictive :)
In all honesty, I should get a bigger hard drive for rehab, and it sounds like you may also want to consider that option :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.