(Touch) Connecting to U of T wireless

Reaction score
I got a beautiful iPod Touch, and am able to connect to free wireless hotspots. However, I go to the University of Toronto, which has a wireless service for students. On my laptop, you first use a password to get on the network, then when you load up a browser, it redirects you to a login page. With my touch, however, Safari does not get directed to a login page. Even if I try to manually enter it in, it says that the server is not found. I think, however, that a similar system in Starbucks does work (i.e., it gets redirected to a site, where you have to enter in your credit card info to get on). Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Wow thats a tough one... i never came across that. hmm!

OP
R
Reaction score
As an addition, I read somewhere that some people could not get on because the network was using something called TTLS authentification, which is not supported by Apple. Not sure how to tell if this is what the system is using.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.