Internal Hard Drives not showing up suddenly

Reaction score
My dad's got a Mac Pro that he uses for video production and he added a terabyte internal hard drive that he partitioned into two drives. A week ago, I noticed that one of these partitions, Video 1, was not being recognized by the computer. The other, Video 2, was still accessible. Also, I noticed that it was taking around 6-7 minutes for the computer to even boot up, a drastically longer time than usual. After doing some experimentation, we found that after taking the drives out, the computer boot up in no time. After putting the drives back in, and going to disk utility, we found that the drive in question, Video 1, was grayed out. After attempting to repair it, we were greeted with the message "invalid record count, invalid bth count". I did some research and we reset the PRAM settings to no avail. So basically, what can I do to bring this hard drive back from the brink of destruction? I've seen suggestions of using DiskWarrior or other products like that. My dad does not seem willing to part with the data - I am at an impasse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like you have a drive beginning to fail. Install SMART Reporter which advises state of drives. DW may save it but at $100 dearer than a new HD. As for saving material on the drive, ahh the joys of an external backup.

http://www.corecode.at/smartreporter/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.