Pages and Numbers attachments

mwb

Reaction score
I recently switched over to mac and love pages and numbers and hope to use these instead of word and works. However, when I've tried attaching a pages or numbers file to an email and sending it to a non-mac user, they are not able to view it. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
You need to File / Export the documents and spreadsheets to make them readable to Windows users of MS Office. Most people use Word and Excel so that's the most common format to send them in.

OP
M

mwb

Reaction score
Ok, I see how to export it. Does that require Word to be installed on the mac or not? I've got the test drive of Word and Works, but would rather not deal with them at all and use solely pages and Numbers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
No you do not need MS Word to export a Pages or Numbers document in MS Office format.

1.Go to file, Export.
2.Choose Export to Word/Excel
3. Choose a location to save the exported document.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.