Pre-ordering AppleCare+ with iPhone 4S?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2007 MacBook Pro, original iPad, iPhone 4S
Well, after much aggravation last night I was able to place orders for the iPhone 4S for me and my wife. But, I couldn't figure out how to order the AppleCare+ warranty. I was looking all over the site and found lots of information including the price ($99) nowhere could I see how to add it to my shopping cart.

Was anyone able to order this? I called Apple yesterday (before the pre-orders went on-line) and was told that the AppleCare+ warranty had to be purchased at the same time as the iPhone. This is to prevent someone from dropping or somehow damaging their iPhone (other than manufacture defect) and then buying the warranty (basically cheating the system).

I went ahead with my order and will try calling Apple later today to see if I can add it to the order but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks!
Larry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Hmmm. I bought mine on AT&T's site and they didn't have it as an option.

They did however have the AT&T insurance plan as an option but I wanted to do a little more research on whether I want that or the AppleCare+.

OP
lschwarcz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2007 MacBook Pro, original iPad, iPhone 4S
Well, after much aggravation last night I was able to place orders for the iPhone 4S for me and my wife. But, I couldn't figure out how to order the AppleCare+ warranty. I was looking all over the site and found lots of information including the price ($99) nowhere could I see how to add it to my shopping cart.

Was anyone able to order this? I called Apple yesterday (before the pre-orders went on-line) and was told that the AppleCare+ warranty had to be purchased at the same time as the iPhone. This is to prevent someone from dropping or somehow damaging their iPhone (other than manufacture defect) and then buying the warranty (basically cheating the system).

I went ahead with my order and will try calling Apple later today to see if I can add it to the order but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks!
Larry.

UPDATE: Later on Friday I got two e-mails from Apple (one for each iPhone 4S order) noting that they didn't offer me the AppleCare+ plan for the phones and if I wanted it all I had to do was to reply to the e-mail. I replied to both and the AppleCare+ plan was added to each order! Pretty simple fix after their screw-up (one of many in the whole iPhone 4S ordering process).

Now, as long as the phones arrive this Friday I'll be happy!

Now, if they could only get the Lion bug fixed so that I'll stay connected to my WiFi network when I wake up my MBP :(.

Have fun everyone!
Larry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.