A different "my mac won't start"

Reaction score
My MacBook pro won't go past the apple loading screen. I'm having trouble booting from disc, not really any commands work except command-s which I've done. If i try any other startup commands the screen goes grey.. I've typed fsck rebooted done again, it either always says it's been modified or. 16 out of 17 something. When I try to exit it brings up a never ending screen with:

date/time/my name- MacBook pro-2 com.apple.launched[1] (com.apple.mDNSResponder []): posix_spawnp("/usr/sbin/mDNSResponder", ...) :no such fie or directory

And it just keeps repeting. I've called apple. They told me nothing helpful except I have to pay. I don't really care if I have to lose everything to get it working again. But the startup disc is in there and it will neither read or eject.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
As you have done all of the main things, you can try a clean install.
This will wipe the drive clean, and should get you up and running. If it doesn't, you can assume your drive has died.
Are you still in warranty btw? I assume not as Apple said you need to pay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.