Upgrading RAM in my Macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.0GHz. 2GB RAM
I have an original Macbook, 2.0GHz Dual. I had the opportunity to swap in someone's iMac 512MB stick shortly after my purchase, so I've been using it for over a year with 768MB RAM. For desktop use, this is enough, but my laptop chokes when I have Fireworks, a couple browsers, Transmit, maybe DW, and some other web design stuff running.

First off, how much RAM can this thing take? System Profiler doesn't tell me this.

Second, where should I buy my RAM? Is used RAM available, and if so, is it a bad idea? I want to max out this machine.

Third, and a smaller concern: What about HD? This came with a somewhat small 60GB drive, and I'd feel comfortable in the long run with about double that.

I considered upgrading to the MBP, but on second thought, I'd be in a pinch until I could sell the Macbook, and it's actually good for a web designer to work on a slightly smaller screen so that you don't create those designs that look overwhelming on 1024x768.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.0GHz. 2GB RAM
Nevermind, got the max. 2GB from Ramjet - $109, very nice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.