network list

K

ktc0ut

i would like to know how to refresh the network user list without having to restart. The other machines in the house are windows boxes and it seems when i look them up in finder and try to access them i get a message saying "original alias does not exists" i have to restart my mac to refresh the list and access them. I was wondering if there was an easy way to refresh the list so i dont have to go through all that trouble...i am really concerned about how the list doesnt refresh on its own...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Usually the XP share will show up in a minute of two if I just close and reopen network, but if not, if I go to the windows box and log into the Mac then it showes on the Mac. Most of the time it just shows up in a few. I never reboot. Running 10.4.5 here. Just tried it and booted a couple of my windows systems on the network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.