Organizing you passwords

Reaction score
This is more of a productivity/organization question.

I have a simple rich text file of about EVERY
online website userid/password
serial number for products
family social security numbers and blood types
credit cards and websites and phone info for those accounts
email accounts
billing accounts
random web account numbers

It's SOO much "login" or core sensitive password info collecting in a sloppy file for the past 4-6 years or so.

How do you organize that?

apps like "wallet" are cool and colorful, but might be cheesy, pluse the export feature is terribly unformatted (tab-delineated) and that's key b/c I need the passwords file accessible to iphone (ideally).

I'm considering putting some of this info in address book, but that could get confusing. Basically, I'm trying to manage the best organization for this important document (maybe with a program, but probably not unless it exports to text extremely well).

I think what I'll do is just credit a simple format alogorithm for each section like
card\account
routing
checking
savings
website
phone

For credit cards.

Hey better yet, maybe I could tinker with an ide and make a program that locks in info (like Wallet), bt links to Address book, and is perfectly exportable to iphone. Hey, awesome! But for now, I need to organize this information before taking on the massive projet of creating my first cocoa app (which is far down the road).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
1Password gets my vote, been using it for ages and it's great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.