Ricoh Aficio MP 7001 on Mac OS X 10.9

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a Macbook pro running OS X Mavericks, and i just tried to install the Ricoh Aficio MP 7001 printer on my office on our network.

First, i tried to install it using the drivers on the OS. That didn't work, so i just downloaded the drivers from Ricohs website. Negative as well.

Last, i used an old tip to use the "Gutenprint" drivers. That didn't work as well, so i'm a bit confused wether the drivers just are wrong, or it's the OS update?

Another co-worker of mine just updated her Mac as well, and after that, the printer didn't work, so i suspect that Mavericks has some kind Of compatibility issue?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Another co-worker of mine just updated her Mac as well, and after that, the printer didn't work, so i suspect that Mavericks has some kind Of compatibility issue?

Not according to my experience. I have three printers: An HP LaserJet, Epson, and Canon. No problem with any of them and Mavericks.

Also.... according to the Ricoh web site and driver downloads, there are no drivers for OS X 10.9 Mavericks. The latest drivers on their site are for Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.5.

It's up to you to ascertain that all your software and devices are compatible before updating to a new operating system. Not hitting on you for this, but folks are quick to blame a new version of OS X when in fact they didn't do their homework before upgrading.

The best advice I can give you is to keep checking with Ricoh or send an email to their customer service asking when they'll have drivers available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.