Lexar Flash Drive pleaseeee help!!?

Reaction score
I have a mac book pro, which i got about 6 months ago, and whenever i insert my lexar jump drive into the computer, it acts as if nothing is in the usb slot. i dont know how to fix. please help!!! thanks you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have a mac book pro, which i got about 6 months ago, and whenever i insert my lexar jump drive into the computer, it acts as if nothing is in the usb slot. i dont know how to fix. please help!!! thanks you!

The jump drive may be defective, or the USB port may be defective. Have you tried plugging it into another USB port? Does it work on another computer? Have you tried using anything else in that USB port?

OP
Fiend0395
Reaction score
the usb has worked on other computers, and i have gotten other flash drives to work on my mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the usb has worked on other computers, and i have gotten other flash drives to work on my mac.

Ok. Plug in the jump drive, then run Disk Utility. What does it tell you about the drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And which EXACT jump drive do you have? Model name/number...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
name: Lexar USB Flash Drive Media
serial #: TTJ0XUJZ0B6XD1X2DXNI

Still need to know which model Jump Drive it is. They make a lot of different ones. V10, S70, TwistTurn, Firefly, etc etc etc.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Have you opened the Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities? Does the drive show up there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes it did

Ok. Well the drive is compatible out-of-the-box with Mac OS X, and since Disk Utility can see it, you should be able to format it.

ALTHOUGH… if Disk Utility can see it, then I'm wondering why nothing, or why you think nothing, is happening. When you insert the drive, does it show up in the Finder, on the left-side of the window with your other drives?

In Disk Utility, select the drive, click on the Partition tab, then tell us how the drive is formatted (FAT32, NTFS, HFS+, etc).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok. So Disk Utility does see it, Finder doesn't. DU says it's formatted in FAT so the Finder should be seeing it. My only suggestion at the moment is to re-format it. If you still need to share it with Windows PCs, use FAT32. If not, use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), aka HFS+.

EDIT: BTW… I just had a thought. Is there any chance there the thumb drive is encrypted? I have no personal experience with encryption software, but without that software installed, I'm wondering if that would explain why the Finder can't see the drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.