progress bar ffmpeg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
se30 16MHZ 1.44MBHD Performa 630 CD 33MHZ 250MBHD iMac G3 333MHZ 60GBHD iMac G4 800MHZ 250GBHD
How do i make a progress bar for ffmpeg?
i know when you run ffmpeg in applescript it stops every thing until it is done converting
if there is a way to not stop every thing and to find the fps and the time then that mite help make a progress bar based a pond the fps and time
can some one help please i have been searching for hours and found nothing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Hm I'm not entirely sure. But ffmpegX is able to do it.

OP
MrGecko
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
se30 16MHZ 1.44MBHD Performa 630 CD 33MHZ 250MBHD iMac G3 333MHZ 60GBHD iMac G4 800MHZ 250GBHD
true ffmpegx is able
Maybe they combined c with applescript and we use c for converting the video and applescript for passing the video info to c and for getting the progress

OP
MrGecko
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ffmpegx use a progress application

i found that ffmprgx uses a progress application witch the commands in applescript is launch new process: Creates a new process and adds it to the list.
launch new process reference -- the object for the command
[secret command anything] -- Whether or not the command line arguments can be displayed to the user.
[progress pattern Unicode text] -- The regular expression that is used to determine the process' progress.
[warning pattern Unicode text] -- The regular expression that is used to determine warning messages.
[error pattern Unicode text] -- The regular expression that is used to determine error messages.
[information pattern Unicode text] -- The regular expression that is used to determine information messages.
with command Unicode text -- The command line argument that should be executed.
[file path Unicode text] -- The path to the resulting file of the operation if any.
[queued anything] -- Whether or not the process should be put in the queue instead of being launched.
[total anything] -- The total number of frames etc. if it can't be determined from the progress text.
[ignore pattern Unicode text] -- The regular expression that is used to determine what messages to ignore.
message Unicode text -- The message that should appear above the progress bar.
i need to find out how to make the application all in one
i can make another application but it will be better if it was all in one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Sorry, but this is not my area of expertise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.