Uncertain as to Snow Leopard upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
I've got my Apple sent SL upgrade disc sitting around, but I am still reluctant to install it on my MBP mid 2009 because of some issues I've read about like lower battery levels, slower browser, etc. Could someone please convince me of the usefulness of upgrading? Everything seems to be working fine for me now. Why risk engendering problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Should you be that concerned, stick with Leopard until update X.6.4 comes along when all the bugs should have been ironed out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Up to You

I've got my Apple sent SL upgrade disc sitting around, but I am still reluctant to install it on my MBP mid 2009 because of some issues I've read about like lower battery levels, slower browser, etc. Could someone please convince me of the usefulness of upgrading? Everything seems to be working fine for me now. Why risk engendering problems?

I haven't experienced any changes in battery life or heat. Browsing is a little speedier, if anything. Most other apps are a little more responsive too. There's been one update to SL already (10.6.1) and it addresses a lot of issues some people were reporting. Check the list of apps compatible with SL and if you don't have any on your Mac that conflict, then I say "go for it". Install SL and then do the update.
Just be sure to backup to T.M. and do a SuperDuper! bootable backup to be on the safe side in case you want/need to go back to 10.5.8.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.