Mac Book Pro Slowing Down!

Reaction score
hey guys im new to the forum, so sorry to kick start my first thread looking for help. my new 2gb 13" macbook pro which i have had for about 5 months is already starting to slow down significantly. i mean it was amazingly fast at the start now it lags when i press cmd T in safari to open a new tab, the beachball comes up and starts having a whale of a time its seriously making an appearance all to often. various over things seem to take alot longer plus windows will crash sometimes and have to be force quitted while the beachball laughs on, any ideas would be very much appreciated. cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Download and install Onyx for your version of Mac OS X. Apple Menu > About this Mac to find out what you have. If you have 10.5.x, get the version for Leopard. If you have 10.6.x, get the one for Snow Leopard. Onyx will let you run all of the proper maintenance scripts.

Also, how much free space is on your hard disk? If you downloaded a bunch of crap and filled it up, that'll slow things down for sure! HFS+ partitions don't like it when they're up to 80 to 85% full.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Also, if your trash is full, your desktop is full of items, or you have many startup items added, this will slow it down significantly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.