Question about the warranty status

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
I have a 2006 macbook that had started to develop hairline cracks on the rear housing area. I took it to the Apple store thinking that they'd fix it free, only to be told that the hairline crack on the rear housing area was not in one of the problem areas...that being the palm rest, near the IR and the vent area. After that he told me that since it's not covered, he would charge me for the part ($30) and the labor would be free. He gave me a Work Authorization form and for warranty status it stated: OW (Out off warranty).

Today I finally took my Macbook in to get the rear housing area repaired andwas told that it was going to cost $0. He said everything is covered. he gave me another Woork Authorization form and I noticed that under warranty status it stated: CS Code(CR)

Do anyone know what that CS Code(CR) mean?

I apologize for writing so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Have you asked the people at the Apple Store?
It's their code system after all. :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
Have you asked the people at the Apple Store?
It's their code system after all. :)

No I didn't. I didn't look at the receipt till I got home and I live like 36 miles away from the store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just give them a call in the morning.
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, especially since they told you the repair wouldn't cost you anything.
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
A CS code is a Customer Service code. It is used to authorise the replacement of a part or parts at no charge. Before a CS code is given, each request is individually accessed, it isn't automatic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.