Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort
Display Connector:

I installed windows 7 with bootcamp successfully, installed the drivers from the "Mac OS X Install DVD" but i get freeze screens/black screens and a message, "display driver is not responding and has stopped working" when it works again. This happens very often maybe every 5 minutes, sometimes it never recovers from the freeze/black screen and i have to restart from the power button. When he's in a good mood he gives me a blue screen for a change and restarts.
Also i cant access my hard drives because i cant operate as the administrator and it doesn't ask me for a password or something. How do i log in as admin?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

You need to go to the ATI site and download the mobility drivers for your 4850 GPU. The iMac is actually a notebook computer built vertically as an all in one machine. The correct drivers will install OK and should eliminate the freezing and black screens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.