changing ip address on wireless

Reaction score
Is there a way to change your IP address on your MacBook Pro on your home wireless network (which is an unlocked network)?

Also is there a way of destroying any evidence of the previous IP address ever existing on your mac?

Thanks very much :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
You can go into network settings on MBP and change settings from Using DHCP to Manual with DHCP and choose an IP that suits - but why? what are you trying to achieve?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You can go into network settings on MBP and change settings from Using DHCP to Manual with DHCP and choose an IP that suits - but why? what are you trying to achieve?
Yeah, I don't see why anyone would need to totally destroy and remove their IP information.

OP
G
Reaction score
well guys I spent days doing a 35 pass erase all data on my hard drive, i then smashed it into smitherines with a hammer and then distributed it around different litter bins in the city. It only then dawned on me that the IP address can some how relate information to my MacBook Pro. Can anyone just help me please and not ask why :D

I would really appreciate it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Can anyone just help me please and not ask why :D

The reason why would be extremely helpful to those who are trying to help you.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, other methods or means (that may not have anything to do with your IP ) might prove to be more beneficial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
well guys I spent days doing a 35 pass erase all data on my hard drive, i then smashed it into smitherines with a hammer and then distributed it around different litter bins in the city. It only then dawned on me that the IP address can some how relate information to my MacBook Pro. Can anyone just help me please and not ask why :D

Since most WAP/routers/cable modems use private IP ranges, a 192.x.x.x or a 10.x.x.x doesn't really mean anything to anyone. Now since IP config is stored on your hard drive, which has been really over-exuberantly destroyed...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.