Using a USA MacBook in the UK issues?

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a MacBook Pro from the USA and its being sent to me in the UK. I was wondering whether I could just put a plug adaptor on the power pack or I would need to buy a UK power pack.

I am quite worried that I would use a plug adaptor then fry my brand new MacBook.:eek:

I am totally new to mac as I was fed up with windose so the next few months should be interesting.:dive:

Any help on this would be appriciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Poer adapter

Hello,

On the bottom of the power adapter (when you get it) it should have details of the power outut and input the adapter can handle. If it says 100-200 volt, you should be fine, as this means the adpater can handle an input ranging from 100 Volts (American output) ro 240 Volts (UK output).

In my estimation, you should be fine to use the power adapter with a UK power lead. However, you may need to go to an Apple store either physically or online to purchase the UK plug adapter and extension lead as it will most likely come with a US plug socket.

If in any more doubt, I would ring or go to an Apple store and double check with them that this will be ok.

Welcome to the world of Mac, it is absolutely fantastic. I switched a year a go and havent looked back. My pc sits beside me every day unused apart from when I need to scan something in (Can't get mac drivers for my Canon scanner) and when I want to check sites I have built on Internet Explorer. Oh, and when I want to play Grand Theft Auto :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.