Transferring Photos from IPad to Mackbook

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to transfer my photographs that I have taken on my IPad on to my MacBook.
I have the IPad manual, but it seems that I can only transfer Photos from my MacBook to the IPad and not other way a round

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello - there are many ways of transferring images between an iDevice to a Mac computer (i.e. OS X); these may be cabled or wireless solutions, so I'll just mention a few.

Cabled your iPad to the laptop and open 'Image Capture' (in Applications) - your iPad should be listed and images on the device seen - this should allow for easy transfer.

Obtain PhotoSync for both the iPad and Mac - this permits 'wireless' transfer; of course, depending on the number of images to transfer, you can use email, Dropbox, or other cloud services (e.g. review PhotoStream). There are also devices (I use AirStash - go to Amazon and read about it - which sets up its own Wi-Fi network and allows two-way transfer).

Now there are likely other solutions but the above suggestions should get you started. Dave :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have the IPad manual, but it seems that I can only transfer Photos from my MacBook to the IPad and not other way a round

That's not true. Please see member RadDave's informative reply above. The process is very easy - just follow what he outlined.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.