Keyboard, TrackPad don't work with Vista using BootCamp

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed Windows Vista using BootCamp on my MBP about 3 weeks ago, and everything was going fine until today. I was in Mac OS, and wanted to do something in Windows, so I restarted, and when I go to the Vista login screen, the keyboard, nor the TrackPad worked. I restarted, and tried again. Still no luck. So I shut down and let it sit for a bit, and tried again. Still no luck. Anybody hear of this problem or know what could be causing it?

The only thing out of the ordinary that has happened recently was that I closed the lid while in Vista and forgot to put it to sleep first before getting on a plane (I have it set to do nothing when I close the lid), and so the battery ran out. Next time I started up though, everything was fine. That was Friday, and I haven't tried to use Windows again until today.

Any help is much appreciated!

EDIT: My USB mouse does work, so I was able to login using the on-screen keyboard. Once I was logged in, the keyboard and TrackPad still did not work.

OP
J
Reaction score
Well, I fixed the problem. And in case this happens to anyone else, here's how I did it:

Updated to BootCamp 1.3
Burnt new drivers disc
Installed new drivers while in Windows
Keyboard, TrackPad still didn't work
Went into Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program
Realized that the new and old Mac drivers were all on my machine
Deleted every Mac driver
Installed the 1.3 drivers
Voila.

I've booted to Windows 5-6 times since then, and everything's been working fine, so hopefully that was the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.