PC gaming on the middle model?

Reaction score
So essentially I'm getting the middle macbook 2.4 ghz for school within the next month. I plan to get Crossover or something else to squeeze some minor gaming in on the side. Does anyone know how these games perform on the macbook?:

1) Battlefield 2

2) Team Fortress 2

3) Sim City 4

Bearing in my mind my current PC specs:
Pentium 4 1.8 ghz
768 RAM
Radeon 9600 128 MB

I hope there will be improvement?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
I have the "middle model" MacBook Pro I game on it all the time it works very well. The "middle" MacBook however.....may not run that well being that it is using an integrated graphics card not a card dedicated just processing graphics. I know you can get away with it on some games. Probably TF2 and Sim city 4 would be ok. BF2 might even be good, but I know the new games coming out like Age of Conan, Crysis, BioShock, Mas Effect, etc that require a powerhouse computer will not run well if at all on that MacBook.

Anyways you are buying it for school and gaming should be secondary! I got mine for school too and I could not be happier, After 6 months of having it and running it constantly there is no slowdown, boot time is just as fast as when i first got it, and the OS is the best I have ever worked on! So enjoy it!

Also, don't buy other software if you don't need it. Crossover is nice but Bootcamp runs windows natively (sp?) and works wonderful for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.