Photoshop Elements 8 Worth It?

Reaction score
I recently bought a Bamboo a few months back, it came with a free copy of Photoshop Elements 8 and Nik Color Efex Pro. I own Photoshop CS4 already, i wanted to know if i could gain anything from Elements 8.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
I like Photoshop Cs4, if you are used to it, why change? I would recommend looking at the futures in Elements 8. I would say it is all personal preference.

Good luck!

-Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
I have used Photoshop for many years but installed Elements a while back to see the difference. Elements does just about everything I wanted to do in Photoshop plus some things Photoshop doesn't and is more user friendly.

If you have a bit of spare drive space why worry about what others think. Install it and try it. Then it can either co-exist with Photoshop or if you don't like it delete it.

OP
Feniks80
Reaction score
I have used Photoshop for many years but installed Elements a while back to see the difference. Elements does just about everything I wanted to do in Photoshop plus some things Photoshop doesn't and is more user friendly.

If you have a bit of spare drive space why worry about what others think. Install it and try it. Then it can either co-exist with Photoshop or if you don't like it delete it.

I was going to add it because of how easy it is to work with photos, i just wasn't sure what i would gain from it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.