Bookmarks on side of window

Reaction score
I have Lion. Is it possible to change back to the old bookmark format? I'm on a Mac laptop and the new format takes up 2" of my window! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Is it possible to change back to the old format? I'm on a Mac laptop and the new format takes up 2" of my window! Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Well, you really need to provide more information - what are your laptop & current OS specs, and what app are you describing? My assumptions are that you upgraded to Mavericks and are using Safari - correct? If so, then your complaint seems to be the 'sidebar' to the left showing (see attached pic of my opened Safari) - in the 'Favorites' bar, the far left icon (looks like an open book) will open & close the panel (and w/i the panel, Bookmarks & Reading List can be chosen); also by going to the View menu - many of these bar & panel options can be hidden (or shown) - if this is not your question, sorry - then please post a clearer description. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 1.57.55 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.