To WiFi or not to WiFi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Do you use WiFi?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
everybody must wifi, some people say its not safe, but if your computer is protected well, i don't see a problem with it.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Wifi in the morning, wifi in the evening, wifi at dinner time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i love wifi!!!!!!!!!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I do both. Since my job, wouldn't let me run wireless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
My WiFi network is safe. No neighboors live within range.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV
I-Fi, U-Fi, we all WiFi!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Interesting, I've noticed that most of the people who have replied on this thread have either iBooks or Powerbooks, which are all commonly used with Wifi (the newer models have it as a standard feature). And I would bet that with the increasing availablity of DSL and other High Speed internet services, as well as that many High Speed Internet companies are offering free wireless routers, it makes sense that more people are getting Wifi home networks than ever before. Also, many users of this message board could be considered "Power Users" who are much more likely to use modern technologies such as Wifi.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
rs2sensen said:
Also, many users of this message board could be considered "Power Users" who are much more likely to use modern technologies such as Wifi.

I so agree with you about that. I barely know anybody, who is a power user compared to people like me or members in this board. Sometimes, I just assume or take for granted that people have the same technology as I do or the know-how. Example: Me: Oh, just download the 100MB upgrade from their website. Them: I have dial-up. Me: Oh!?

:spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Yeah, I remember a few years back when I became a serious computer user and upgraded to DSL from dialup. Back then I would pick and choose the updates, mostly just doing the security ones, as it would take me a day to download them. Now, I just click them all and look at them later. Last night I downloaded about 3 GB worth of trial software, that would have never happened in my old dialup days...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yay! I'm no long on a distinguished road, I'll be famous soon enough! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I have my own WIFI at home and the starbucks i go to is in the mall connected to a bose store and right next to an apple store so i get apple's WIFI and i get to watch the huge tv in bose. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
benjamindaines said:
I have my own WIFI at home and the starbucks i go to is in the mall connected to a bose store and right next to an apple store so i get apple's WIFI and i get to watch the huge tv in bose. :)

Wow, I would kill for a place to go to like that. I'd be sipping a Venti sized Frappacino, watching that TV every day!

Hey, I've never had my PB with me when I go to Starbucks. For their Wifi, does it cost anything, or is it free?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
rs2sensen said:
Hey, I've never had my PB with me when I go to Starbucks. For their Wifi, does it cost anything, or is it free?

I don't know cuz its the internet coming from the apple store. so you can also freak people out using the computers with the Bonjur messaging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol. I know many starbucks have wifi too though, I know the one in my local Barnes and Noble does, I've just never used it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
rs2sensen said:
lol. I know many starbucks have wifi too though, I know the one in my local Barnes and Noble does, I've just never used it.

It depends if they have their own ruter then its probably free, but if its by some outside company like Tmobile its guna cost you some.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
well at my starbucks it is not free, it is t-mobile its either monthly or like 6.00$ for like an hour or so... I never go to starbucks with my computer normally go with friends. But it is the same price as the t-mobile in the airport

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i used to go to starbucks every so often with the lappy....nice to sit down, have a drink, surf the web at speeds over dial up, and download stuff while im there :) ...although last time they seemed to have banned downloading through acquisition, oh well

im buying my parents (or at least partially) some type of fast internet connection when i get home for the summer because i am not going to be able to live without it

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yup, once you get high speed internet, you never go back.

I just saw this: "Location: RI for school/ NJ for home life / wished i lived in Berkeley, CA"

Yeah, I'm looking at Berkeley for college right now. I'm debating between it and Stanford, both nice places. I love Rhode Island too though, a great place to visit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.