watching still images on TV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (retina 5K), 27" 2019
Hi eveyone! Can anyone suggest a way of creating digital camera generated tiffs/jpegs that can be watched on a conventional TV through the DVD player. I have copied tiffs onto DVD but the DVD player does not show them. It maybe that the image files sizes are too big, but any advice would be welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Not too many DVD players can read .TIFF files unfortunately.

Burn a CD with some .JPEGs on it and see if that works. I know mine can read .JPEGs, TBH on a TV you'd not notice much difference between .TIFF and .JPEG, color reproduction is nowhere near 'acurate' and on standard definition it won't look that great anyway.

Let me know how you get on. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Another way would be to drag all the pictures you want to view into iMovie and make a slide show. Then burn the movie...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
I agree with dakineyj, it might take a little longer but at least it will work.
Also, I assume that you don't have a USB port on your TV? Because most of the new TV's have included them as an extra feature:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.