• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Tablet

Reaction score
"Apple Computer was granted a patent for an enigmatically titled "Electronic device" Tuesday, May 10th, 2005. Illustrations for the device clearly indicate it to be a tablet-style Macintosh, and patent filings specifically compare it to the "HP Compaq Tablet PC" and several other tablet machines.

The patent was filed on March 17th, 2004 (first broken by The Register in August, 2004 as noted in the comments), and granted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) as US Design Patent No. D504,899 on May 10, 2005. "

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2005/05/10.18.shtml

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Now that is something i would like to see.

C

CaptainMack

there has been a lot of talk about his for a long time and nothing has ever happened. i would be surprised if this really happened.

im not saying it wouldnt be cool though :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
not to be pessimistic, but that is old, and was originally thought by the SAME site to be the new imac g5, I doubt very seriously that will happen as it will be a competition between that anbd apple laptops.

S

Steel02001

Tablets have seemingly gone no where fast. Everyone thinks they are cool but they never really took off.

E

EvoMac

I actually work in a field where tablets are becoming industry standard. I am in IT for a pharmaceutical company and by Q1 - 06 our sales force will be all tablet. The company I worked for prior had their entire sales force already migrated over to tablet.

They work nicely for pharma sales reps because they get dr's sigs right on the tablet.

Although it would be cool for graphic design as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
tablets are good for fields like that, also im sure shipping and recieving could use them, doctors would love them....from a consumer standpoint im not really feelin it...

E

EvoMac

In theory a graphic designer should like a tablet. Being able to draw directly on the screen and avoid the mouse / pen combo all together would make things easier in some aspects.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I know plenty of fields that would love to have one, they go on a job site and then bid whatever it they want to big using the computer right then and there.. same with a laptop, but it seems the tablet would be more convenient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Students taking notes, on a tablet Mac? Awesome...

Reaction score
laptops would be better for that though ;) typing is faster than writing .(well for most...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
ZOMFG :bone: more apples = yumm! =D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
i would definitely like tablet to take notes on in class. no one really takes their laptop to class at my school, but i would most definitely use a tablet in place of a notebook.

S

supremeoverlord

so if they don't intend to make this what was the point of "inkwell"? I mean that screams TABLET!
I being a artist myself would love one of these babies, I often felt sad when I looked at the PC tablet and thought about how much I would hate to have a cool device that ran windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
my last duty station was testing out tablets with the doctors. most of the new fresh out of school docs could work them well. it will catch on soon. i agree to that it has not been moving very fast. it seems that people fear change and reject these kind of things until they see what can be done with it, get use to it, and then actually apply it.

X

xthisisRomancex

lol i would get a tablet. if you could open it up ( some waht like a laptop) and it was a scanner. becasue then when you where handed out dcoumnets and stuff like taht you could scan them into ur tablet and then thow the paper away.. or WAIT... i remeber they had that very small black and white priner... they could go ahead and through one of those in tehre that means you could scan a sheet. then work it out and print it out.. wow.. im gonna quit dreaming

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.