MobileMe bookmark syncing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
Per this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1943, Apple is discontinuing the .Mac ability of viewing saved bookmarks online in MobileMe. This is really disappointing to me, because I'm not a current .Mac subscriber, but am now very interested in MobileMe. Its features would allow me to replace Gmail, Google Calender, and Flickr and control all that content from one place. The only thing that MobileMe doesn't seem to be able to replace is my del.icio.us account, due to the discontinuation of the bookmarks feature.

I know MobileMe features syncing of bookmarks across all your devices, but it would have been really great to be able to get at them from the web as well. I don't think this is a deal-breaker for me with MobileMe, particularly due to tool such as Delicious2Safari.

My question for you all is why Apple discontinued this feature. I haven't been able to find any official explanation from Apple, and the forums so far are quiet on this topic, according to searches. Why would they discontinue such a sensible feature, especially when everything else has been united under the new web interface?

Reaction score
That is an interesting question. I went thru the entire intro video and they said nothing about bookmarks. Of course you could export your Safari bookmarks then mark that file for iDisk to handle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
I am a MobileMe user, but I use Xmarks for bookmark syncing. It works great across both browsers and operating systems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Per this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1943, Apple is discontinuing the .Mac ability of viewing saved bookmarks online in MobileMe. This is really disappointing to me, because I'm not a current .Mac subscriber, but am now very interested in MobileMe. Its features would allow me to replace Gmail, Google Calender, and Flickr and control all that content from one place. The only thing that MobileMe doesn't seem to be able to replace is my del.icio.us account, due to the discontinuation of the bookmarks feature.

I know MobileMe features syncing of bookmarks across all your devices, but it would have been really great to be able to get at them from the web as well. I don't think this is a deal-breaker for me with MobileMe, particularly due to tool such as Delicious2Safari.

My question for you all is why Apple discontinued this feature. I haven't been able to find any official explanation from Apple, and the forums so far are quiet on this topic, according to searches. Why would they discontinue such a sensible feature, especially when everything else has been united under the new web interface?

The link does not seem to be working. In any case, I still have Bookmarks as an option to sync in the MobileMe Preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.