Safari can't open ....

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This is not anywhere near enough information for us to go on. What site? What version of OS X? What have you tried to troubleshoot the issue? Does it happen on multiple sites? Does it happen on other browsers? How reliable is your Internet connection?

The more information you give us, the better the answers. This isn't a chat service..:)

OP
M
Reaction score
Safari can't open

Sorry about that . iPad Air 2 w/ 16 GB iOS 10.3.3. Occasionally I would get the safari can't open page message , I don't recall which sites . But recently Apple tunes sent message that someone used my I'd for a purchase . I tried to click on resolution tab and "safari cant open page ...." comes up .

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Please be careful of clicking on these links, a lot of phishing attacks use these sorts of emails to get you to sign into a site that looks VERY much like the real thing except it isn't. If you got an email from Apple about a purchase, you can always call them (the safest) to verify or refute it..

OP
M
Reaction score
You're right. I went to Apple Store, they said it wasn't from them. I can't believe I fell for it.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I can't believe I fell for it.

Don't feel bad about it. Many of us have.

The "secret" is that if Apple communicates with you, it will address you by name, that is the exact name by which they always recognise you - not dear Customer (NB the absence of a capital at "dear") - it will be grammatically correct and spelling will be perfect.

Further, on an email, you can click on the sender to see their address - often it will be [email protected] or similar nonsense.

Just be vigilant and suspicious. You can always contact Apple independently to verify the authenticity of a message.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.