Will an iPhone 4 with a case fit in an iPad dock?

Reaction score
I'm frustrated that once you put a case on any iPhone, it no longer fits the charging docks that Apple sells. Currently I use a Griffin Dual Power Dock and just leave out the adaptors. It works ok, but it's hard to get it on there when you're fumbling in the dark going to bed.

I started wondering if the iPad dock would be big enough to accommodate an iPhone 4 with a case on it. Plus then it would be getting the higher amps and charge faster also.

Anybody have an iPad dock and an iPhone 4 to try it out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm not sure, but I haven't seen the need to even use a Dock, I don't think I've ever even used one with any iPod I owned.

I guess I just don't understand the point of it.

OP
J
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I haven't seen the need to even use a Dock, I don't think I've ever even used one with any iPod I owned.

I guess I just don't understand the point of it.
Mainly because it's easier to sit it on my desk or bedside table and be able to see it if a text pops up, and not to have to chase the cable around when it slides off the desk/table. Yes, I could tape the cable to the desk, but that's just kinda tacky.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.