Remap power key on bootcamp.

Reaction score
i have windows 7 x64 installed on bootcamp and wondered if it was possible to remap the power key to work as the delete button instead of the power button? and maybe still have the long press power key work as a force shotdown option.

Hope to get an answer. thanks.

Reaction score
I am also looking for the same thing (on a 2012 Retina MBP), does anyone know whether this is possible?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't believe you can re-map the power key. Perhaps someone may know of a work around or another way.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Here ya go: https://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/

Using this you can remap all the keyboards to anything else. The power key can be mapped to delete while retaining the long-press shutdown feature..

Plus the app is free, donate if you find it useful..

Reaction score
Here ya go: https://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/

Using this you can remap all the keyboards to anything else. The power key can be mapped to delete while retaining the long-press shutdown feature..

Plus the app is free, donate if you find it useful..

Thanks for the link Raz0rEdge, but I should have been clearer (as I was commenting within the context of 'windows ... installed on bootcamp' in OP), that it's within Windows that we're looking to do this - we know it's possible with one or two (or even more) third party apps within OS X which is rly cool (though), but we're after a Windows bootcamp solution!

:/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.