Problem with my IMAC

Reaction score
Hi
I have a IMAC 21.5 Core i3 4 GB of ram and Mac osx 10.6.3
everything works fine untill i install Ilife 11\09 it doesn't matter.
after i install it a lot of programs stop's working at all and the
adobe premiere stops importing some of the files like PSD files
by the way the same thing happens when i do update...

please helpp

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You really should update Snow Leopard to the latest version which is 10.6.6. I'm really not sure what the issue is with iLife and your other applications but it could be a hardware problem that's causing it. What I suggest is to first run a verify and repair routine on your hard drive.

You do that by booting your iMac with the original install DVD (Snow Leopard) and access Disk Utility from the top menu "Utilities". Click on the First Aid tab and run Verify and Repair. After that finishes, run the Repair Permissions routine. (That may take some time to run.)

OP
K
Reaction score
I don't think its an hardware problem because for it to run this apps again i formated the Computer and reinstall everything without installing the ILIFE and i didn't update...
now everything work's i thought about calling apple but its like 50$ for issue that its shouldn't be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.