Help installing Boot Camp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz , 1GB RAM, 120 GB HD
Hello. I tried installing boot camp twice and I always remain stuck on one screen. It's a blue screen when you have 3 selections one being to press "enter" to proceed with the intsalation but neither the enter or the other buttons work on that particular menu screen.

This is after everything has been downloaded from the win xp cd. I don't understand why. It is a working win xp copy because it worked just fine when I installed it on paralells desktop application.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what I can do to properly install boot camp.

Thank you.

Dorian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Is the blue screen you are describing the Windows DOS setup screen? (it has a few options, one of which is something like "to install Windows XP now, press ENTER"?)

If so then here's question 2. Are you using a Bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse?

Only I'm not sure that Bluetooth is supported in Windows DOS mode (could be wrong though)

Just a guess, hope it helps.

Chris :mac:

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am just using the macbook pro keyboard and the track pad. The screen has the following options:

Press "enter" to proceed

Press F3 to repair or help (can't remember)

and one more option for a total of 3.

No it does not say press enter to install just press enter to proceed with instalation.

As mentioned boot camp did quite a bit of instalation at this point.

Let me know thanks.

Dorian

Y

yamamba

Hi Dorian
Same happened to me! I installed successfully bootcamp and windows xp on my MacPro without any problems, then I tried the same procedure on a MacbookPro. I also got stuck at the same place: nothing happened after pressing ENTER, F3. I heard the same story from another guy and I was told to do it again from scratch, doing all in one go. He could successfully install windows after all. I will try again over the weekend and let you know what happened.

yamamba

Reaction score
FWIW, I installed XP Home without incident on a new MBP C2D less than 48 hours ago. No hiccups whatsoever. I installed it on Parallels the same night, also without incident.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
** Message to All **

Hey guys I fiqured it out and why I and you guys got stuck at the blue screen. The windows xp call has to include SP2 and be either home or professional edition. Also it cannot be win xp pro x64 edition or it will not work.

I used another disk and I was able to proceed at the screen that I was originaly stuck. It went by fine.

Hope this is the solution for your guys too.

Dorian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
XP Pro SP2 works fine. I installed it once here. Won't work if it isn't XP Pro SP2 though.

Reaction score
XP Pro SP2 works fine. I installed it once here. Won't work if it isn't XP Pro SP2 though.

Negative. XP Home SP2 works as well.

Boot Camp requires a full (not "upgrade") version of XP Home or XP Pro complete with SP2.

Reaction score
I successfully installed Boot Camp and Windows XP Home w/ SP2 on my Macbook this summer without any trouble. But just yesterday the keyboard doesn't respond. I then partitioned my hard drives (Mac and Windows) back into one again so I could reinstall Boot Camp. When I get to the setup screen where I should press 'Enter' to continue, nothing happens. I have yet to find a solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.