• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Flip4Mac

Reaction score
Hi, I hope somebody can help me out. I have been trying to watch a 25 minute tv show using Flip4Mac. It takes 5 hours to download it. Something tells me I am doing something wrong. I do have Flip4Mac installed. I have been reading all kinds of help and tutorials and I can't figure out what I should be doing. I am new at Mac and downloading movies/tvshows. Please anybody help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
depends on what you're downloading it with, the file size, etc. Give a little more info.

Brian

OP
K
Reaction score
Ok, like I said I am new to this. I just click on the play button (in the Flip4Mac) underneath the show I want to watch and it takes 5 hours. Now how can I know the file type or the size? If you tell me where to look, I'll go take a look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
I'm just trying to get a grasp on your terminology., I've never used flip4mac to watch something before it's been downloaded. So by download do you mean you already have it on your computer, or is it out on the internet?

1. If it's out on the net, and a large file, and you don't have a fast internet connection, then it could easily take 5 hours to download to your computer.

2. if It's on your computer, and you are loading it into flip4mac, then it may just be an incompatibility issue. If you search, you can find wmp9 for os x out there.

3. If you are downloading the file with bit-torrent, then that can also take a very long time due to a number of factors regardless of your internet connection speed.

4. If the file is on your computer, not the internet...then click the file you want to play to highlight it, and then use the apple+i key to see all of the info about the file.

I hope some of this helps, and if you have more questions...by all means post them.

Reaction score
Flip4Mac......not working

Hi, I read all these threads about Flip4Mac, downloaded and installed it, but still, my .wmv files aren't playing. Is there something I'm missing. I click on them and get a Quicktime error that says "error opening file." The same error I got BEFORE downloading Flip4Mac.

Any help for this new, and HAPPY, mac user.

Thx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.