Printer Driver Problems

Reaction score
I unplugged my iMac and Samsung ML-3051N printer to set up a new desk. I plugged everything back in and now my printer refuses to print. At first I had an 'printer offline' message. It is now gone and I do not know how I got that fixed. Now when I try to print I receive the following message that "the printer software was installed incorrectly. Please reinstall the printer's software or contact the manufacturer for assistance." The printer DOES appear in the fax/print section of system preferences. To me the driver appears to be installed. I have tried to reinstall a printer driver that came with the printer on a CD as well as a newer driver off Samsung's website that is supposed to work with my OS.

I am running 10.6.8. I have tried restarting the iMac, unplugging the printer's power cord and usb cords and plugging them back in. I am at a loss on what to do next.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Installing from the CD isn't recommended because it's older than the driver included in OS X - usually - so keep in mind that that is an "unknown."

Delete the printer from the print & fax/print & scan list and then re-add it. This process assigns a driver to the printer type and connection type.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.