Mac and Adobe CS5 Text Tool

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here. Anyone having problems with the Text Tool in Adobe Photoshop? Mine is EXTREMELY SLOW. Anybody have a solution to this?

Thanks,

Ger

Reaction score
A bit more information maybe?

- hardware configuration
- is it slow when it's loading?
- is it slow when you are typing?
- is is slow when you are changing to a different font?

All Macs I'm using my CS5 on (early 2008 iMac, late 2007 MBP and mid 2011 iMac) work fine - no issues with the text tool at all.

OP
G
Reaction score
It only runs slowly when I double click to select the font to select it or try to change the font.

Reaction score
Still: hardware configuration would be helpful including what means "slow". Spinning beachball? Have you checked if you have free RAM available when Photoshop is running?

OP
G
Reaction score
I'm getting a spinning beachball. Hardware configuration is:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB

OP
G
Reaction score
This is really getting frustrating. I've worked on PC and Mac for years. I've recently made the transition to Mac completely. I'd like to think I did the right thing. I'm running Lion and Adobe CS5. Dreamweaver keeps resorting to a spinning ball and I can't even open anything. Photoshop gives me errors, takes forever to edit fonts, and gives me an initializing font window that takes a good 30 seconds before I can open anything. I'm only running one program at a time and have plenty of free ram. Any thoughts? I'm missing my custom built PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.