Merom

G

Gundampilotspaz

Appleinsider reports that Apple is preparing for product launches as early as September:

Based on various reports from around the world, the Cupertino, Calif.-based company this week is placing WWDC '06 in the rear-view mirror and shifting gears towards its fall product line refreshes, which are due to start turning up next month.
This along with reports end-of-life notices for Apple's current iPod nano are suggestive of imminent product refreshes. This correlates with a recent Chinese report that Apple is readying both of its laptop models for Core 2 Duo "Merom" CPUs next month.

Readers will remember that pre-WWDC reports also claimed that Apple had placed large orders of Core 2 Duo processors, with analyst speculation of the same.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1965

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 2 GB RAM 30" HD Cinema Display iPhone 8GB Video iPod 30GB & 80GB
price difference to the macbook pro out now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
highly doubtful

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
Maybe I just don't get it, but I don't understand when people make a big deal out of the latest chip as if their decision to purchase completely hinges on it. It's almost as if the someone is giving them the option between a Merom MacBook and a hot steaming pile of crap. (Wait to purchase unless you want to get that poop!).The machines out now are amazingly fast and wonderful machines. If a Merom MacBook came out next week, I wouldn't bat an eyelash. My machine is a wonderful one which has met and exceeded my expectations.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.