Power Book G4 question

B

bwalk_79

I recently received a Power book, as a gift from my grand daughter, and am just learning to use the Mac format. One of the questions, I have, is why when I try to use my unit out doors, the screen is so faded that it can't be read. I read all the time about using your laptop on you patio or at the beach, etc. Is this normal and do I have a display problem? Thamks in advance for any help.......Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
firstly welcome to using a mac and the forum :)

1) hace you checked that your brightness is up? Keep F2 help in untill the bar is full

2) have you got the sun shining on the screen as no LCD is any good really with the sun beaming down on it

try these and let us know how you get on

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

if you use your laptop outside make sure its not very humid out or hot. most people use laptops inside or on a patio in the shade(unless your in arizona where it is 110F everywhere outside). read your instruction book about operating parameters such as humidity temp and direct sunlight. no lcd screens work well in bright conditions.

OP
B

bwalk_79

Power Book Problem

inflexion said:
firstly welcome to using a mac and the forum :)

1) hace you checked that your brightness is up? Keep F2 help in untill the bar is full

2) have you got the sun shining on the screen as no LCD is any good really with the sun beaming down on it

try these and let us know how you get on

My display is set @ 800X600 and the brightness control is a slider. I have it set at the brightest position.The top of my screen is brightest, then it fades slightly to the right and bottom. I am under a roof on my patio, and try to use the most shaded position I can find, and I can barely read the top portion of the screen at that setting. My OS is Mac X 10.1.5.

Reaction score
Theres a contrast setting as well. It's in the control panel that changes text size and special keys for disabled folks. Can't remeber the name of the CP, working off of a wintel machine at the moment.

ed724

OP
B

bwalk_79

Power Book Problem

Thanks to all for your answers to my inquiry. At $40.00 I think I will do all of my use of my Power Book, in an inside environment........Bill

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.