• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD and Loop Issue

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using iDVD 6.0.4 and I am having a issue with the loop setting. When I preview, everything looks fine. The menu is good and the video loops back around at the right time.

When I actually burn the dvd and watch it I can't get past the menu. The button I assigned to play highlights but nothing else happens. It does this on two different dvd players. I have deleted the settings and started over a few times and don't know what to try next to shake the problem loose.

Any ideas to solve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-MKing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
What are the settings? What do you have set to first play? Does the menu come up first? Or does the movie start playing first? Is the movie set to continuously loop forever, or is it the menu?

OP
M
Reaction score
The video I am wanting to play is a .mov that is 495.7mb that was compressed using Compressor. It is 640x480 and runs 10min 05 seconds. I am using the 5.0 theme called "Sliding Panes" for the menu. The menu pops up like it is supposed to with logos in each of the moving panes. I set the movie to loop from the tree menu under the advanced tab that says loop. It plays great on preview. The problem comes when I burn the disc and watch it on both of the DVD players I have access to. Can't get past the menu.

I don't know if that was the information you were asking for.

OP
M
Reaction score
tried deleting

the com.apple.idvd.plist file under library/preferences.

That didn't work. Still same problem. Any ideas?

OP
M
Reaction score
Must be a software problem on my machine...because I took the exact same file and did everything on another machine that I have access to and it worked just fine like it is supposed to.

Can a person just reload the idvd software and not everything else?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.