iweb publishing problem

Reaction score
Hiya all,

I am a newby, really hope someone can help me. I designed a site with iweb but am having serious hassles with publishing the site. Keeps saying error connecting to FPT server. I have checked all the details and all is correct. The old site is up and running so not a connectivity issue. Not sitting behind any firewalls as such. Am pretty sure the problem is program related. The last time I had this problem I think it had something to do with my page name containing special characters. Have removed them on the new site design but still having hassles. Any advice. About to pull my hair out.

Anneke

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 3.1 Running OS X 10.6.7 2.4 GHz Dual Core Intel 160 GB Hard Drive
Hey Anneke. I ran into a similar problem when I placed the name of one of my pages in quotes. when I removed the quotes, the pages loaded perfectly. What I have found however is that I sometimes have to change the name of the page to something else altogether; save it; then change it again to what I originally wanted; save it; then publish. I know it seems tedious but it has worked for me. I hope this helps you.

Alex

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

thanks a mil for the advice. Will try that. It seems like a great program but they still have lots of glitches to sort out.

Have a great day.

Anneke

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.