Microsoft Word app

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Core i7 2.3ghz retina-MacBook OS 10.9.1
Hey do y'all save to the cloud or to the ipad? Cloud has advantages but saving to both would be better. Any way to do that?

Would be nice to get a software update for Magic Mouse for this program too. Clumsy fingers put cursor in wrong spot.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You weren't very clear about what you're doing with Word but....

If you're using the new Word for iOS, then you'll want to save to SkyDrive or whatever Microsoft is calling their Cloud storage. You can then access that same Word file from your Mac.

Not sure I understand the question about the Magic Mouse? You can't use a mouse with your iPad if that's what you're asking.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You answered well. My Mac is done so just getting it done on this.

Is the ios version more limited? Seems to do everything I need so far and I have the first name page number no idea how I got that. Usually just turn in my papers without that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To be honest, I haven't used the iOS version of Word since I had purchased a new iPhone and Apple is giving away iWork iOS apps for free with the purchase of a new iOS device.

I may buy the new Word for iOS for my iPad but right now most of my work is done at my home office on the iMac using Office 2011. New Mac Office 2014 is due to be released this Fall so I may wait until then.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm used to it. Need a new computer this lets me run it on three devices a little cheaper. One may prove well for notes, I would just feel like a big douche bag bringing an ipad into class.

I may use this for outlining too, I'm finding I'm having less distractions even though I pulled an all nighter.

Thanks for your input bud.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.