iMac 24 inch early 2008 software update trouble

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to Mac and cannot find solution to fix troubles with my iMac 24 inch with Mac OS X 10.8.5. It continue to tell my that there is no updates for my iMac and Safari won't let me proceed to final pages to purchase items such as Propellerhead Reason or LMMS DAW but for instance it let my download from single cell software their DAW called Caustic 3 and some free samples from Music Radar. I'm totally confused what is going on with it.
I've both this machine to produce a music and edit some videos and, certainly, because is beautifully designed.
Thank you very much for any information what will help me to fix it.
Previous owner told me that she reset the Mac to factory settings.
Mira YAH

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
The latest macOSX that device can run is El Capitan OSX 10.10. unfortunately you do not have access to the App Store application in the operating system you have. I hope one of our other members will chime in with the link to download the installer. I know we have done this in the past. Maybe if you do a search on this site for "El Capitan download" you might find the link. I'm on my iPhone in Bali or I'd look it up for you.

OP
M
Reaction score
iMac 24 inch

The latest macOSX that device can run is El Capitan OSX 10.10. unfortunately you do not have access to the App Store application in the operating system you have. I hope one of our other members will chime in with the link to download the installer. I know we have done this in the past. Maybe if you do a search on this site for "El Capitan download" you might find the link. I'm on my iPhone in Bali or I'd look it up for you.

Thank you for respond. I check forum for the link.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Great, let us know if you have any problems or questions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.