need to recover my deleted partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBook White, iMac G3 Strawberry, iBook Clamshell Indigo.
need to recover my deleted partition [SOLVED]

I was trying to install Arch Linux and dual boot it with OSX. I got to a screen where it asked me what to partition as swap and what to partition as root. It appeared like this:

/dev/sda1
/dev/sda2
/dev/sda3

My partition table must have changed because usually my HFS+ partition is /dev/sda1 but instead this was the Linux Swap! So I formatted my Mac OS with the Linux Swap filesystem! And now all my important data is lost, which includes school work, software I was programming, photos, and software keys.

Is there any way I can get my data back free? Maybe with a bootable USB key or something? I haven't done anything since this slip up. I never thought I'd be foolish enough to erase important data and have absolutely no backups of any of the data from recent times.

Ok so it turns out because I only set the filesystem on my MacOS partition it didn't erase anything. A simple repair using my install disc made it boot again and fixed any problems. My partition is saved! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.