Yesterday, Today, and 5:30 pm in Apple Mail

Reaction score
Hello:

I know there must be a way to get rid of Yesterday, Today, and 5:30 pm in the date column in Apple Mail. Just that I have not been able to figure it out. I want Date and Time for *all* messages.

Thanks for help/Hans L

PS. It is 10:30 PM Yesterday ... do you know where your emails are?

OP
H
Reaction score
NOBODY on this list that have ever wanted to get ALL dates in the date/time list for emails?

PLEASE, anyone!?!?!

Hans L

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP13 late 2013 model. i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
NOBODY on this list that have ever wanted to get ALL dates in the date/time list for emails?

PLEASE, anyone!?!?!

Hans L

I'm looking for a solution for this too.
The workaround that's floating around only fixes the Today. It's pretty annoying that Apple wants to control what user sees.

For the workaround for Today, in the Language & Region - change both Dates short format and Times short format to "M/d/yy h:mm a".
This will fix the Today but still shows that stupid Yesterday.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's what I read after searching for a solution. It will only fix the "Today" and not "Yesterday". Every time I think about this it's absolutely stupid that I can't just see it by the date, but whatever. I'll just have to live with it.

It only took Apple 7 years to add an option to display Folders on the top of the list in Finder.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I forgot to welcome you to the Forums in my last post.

Are you sure you can't fix the "yesterday" part via the article? You may be right, but the author seems to imply near the end that having fixed "today", you can then ring the changes for the older dates - which I presumed included "yesterday".

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, it says
... with a bit of trickery, it’s possible to add the date for messages received today, and to add the time to messages received prior to yesterday....
meaning you can't fix the "Yesterday".

I didn't even know this was my first post since 2013. I thought I was in TomsHardare forums or something. LOL.
2013 November is when I bought my first mac (rMBP with Haswell, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM) and since been using it really well. Hated all versions of Yosemite so I sticked with Mavericks until the El Capitan point 2 release, and now on Sierra because I must have the option to "list folders on top" in Finder. Loving the battery life and build quality.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I wasn't able to help; but it was nice having our conversations.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
meaning you can't fix the "Yesterday".

An old thread and still no proper solution and just another annoying feature and user mod use that Apple has removed with their updates for no real reason. ;(

Using the Classic Mail view, at least with Mavericks, the best I've been able to do is add the "Sent" column and change which ones you want, and then you have to play around with and change the width of the column and then one can usually at lest get rid of the "Today" and get the date showing at least a bit better.

- Patrick
==========

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.