• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Pirahna 3D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Yes I actually went to see this last night in 3D with my 18yr old son..... I can actually say i feel dumber than I did entering the theater....

Only good part was nude Co-eds in 3D

Save your 14.00 Ticket trust me here lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
Well at least you got to spend some time with your boy.
And don't worry, I NEVER pay to see the junk released in theaters these days. I just wait for the free network premiers, and I still get mad that I wasted my time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
Not gonna lie, every time I see the "special" effects and plot of that movie it makes me laugh, looks like the biggest piece of crab 3D movie out yet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Never will I pay to see this. The original is a classic, and this looks dross.
If you ever get chance, see Piranha 2 - Flying Fish - it was James Camerons directorial debut (though he denies it now) and is so bad it's good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
The funny thing is, that it has a pretty good rating over on RT.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
It's my belief that if a movie has to go the 3D route, there's no way on earth it's worth spending money on (for me) because I like a good story. Effects are totally secondary to a good plot, story, character development etc..

I also NEVER trust anybody's reviews, consumer OR critic. How can I ? Avatar was the highest grossing film of its nature which tells me one thing: People are idiots. Avatar has to be one of the most embarrassingly awful movies to have been produced and released in the history of films. Yet people eat that crap up with a spoon.

Now here's quite the opposite and not exactly a contradiction but.. also proves a point: The movie "UP". This was a fantastic movie IMO and the 3D did nothing to take away from it, and only served to enhance it. You could very easily watch UP in 2D and enjoy it just as much. That says a lot.

Did you actually think that Piranha would be anything but a made for WHT (remember WHT?) Tuesday night B-Film? The premise and commercials alone scare me.
Side note: Co-Ed boobies in 3D FTW !

doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iTouch, iPod
It looks like a bad spin-off of "Jaws" to me. So I haven't bothered to see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
It's my belief that if a movie has to go the 3D route, there's no way on earth it's worth spending money on (for me) because I like a good story. Effects are totally secondary to a good plot, story, character development etc..

Am with you all the way on this one Doug :)

Now here's quite the opposite and not exactly a contradiction but.. also proves a point: The movie "UP". This was a fantastic movie IMO and the 3D did nothing to take away from it, and only served to enhance it. You could very easily watch UP in 2D and enjoy it just as much. That says a lot.

It was awesome to watch in 2D. And i have followed it up about 10 times since (mind you is because my 7yr old boy loves it) .. It has to be one of the movies of the past few years for me .... Pity i dont know French as i think it would have been good to watch it in its native language. "cloudy With a chance of Meatballs as well .....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Am with you all the way on this one Doug :)

It was awesome to watch in 2D. And i have followed it up about 10 times since (mind you is because my 7yr old boy loves it) .. It has to be one of the movies of the past few years for me .... Pity i dont know French as i think it would have been good to watch it in its native language. "cloudy With a chance of Meatballs as well .....

I love Cloudy... such a funny and original film, complete wacked out too.
I disagree about Avatar, I think visually it's amazing, but the story could have been better, it's still a groundbreaking film.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
Cloudy With a chance of Meatballs... I remember that one from an episode of reading rainbow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 4GB, 1TB HDD, quad-core
Oh this movie was great!

I went in thinking it was going to suck but I was truly impressed.

I guess you have to be a teenager to understand :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh this movie was great!

I went in thinking it was going to suck but I was truly impressed.

I guess you have to be a teenager to understand :Smirk:

You only liked the nude girls :D
Get yourself a copy of the original.

Reaction score
Really? The community is 50/50 on Piranha 3D?

I enjoyed the film - I mean, I wasn't expecting Inception with Killer Fish but it was fun and a throwback to old-school B grade horror movie films.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.