Macbook or MacBook Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am going to get a mac soon, hopefully laptop, and am undecided between the Macbook or macbook Pro.
Well first, here's what I plan to use it for: Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop (some graphics design), Macromedia Studio 8 (web page development), itunes, very few if any games, and Quicken. I kind of will use a wide variety of programs. As well, since I currently have a windows laptop I am undecided between keeping that or selling it to get a nice mac laptop that I'd then run Parallels or Bootcamp.
First, for differences I can tell the graphics in the macbook pro is better. Is this a big step up? I know the screen size is larger which I like. As well, one thing that caught my eye is the Macbook Pro has a Expresscard/34 slot which I assume is similar to a PCMCIA card in a windows system. How important are these? I know in the windows laptop I have a pcmcia card which reads memory sticks, sd cards ,etc. and if I'm right the macbooks don't read these. Are there many cards for the mac though or do most items connect through USB?
Last, I had looked heaviliy at mac minis and know they and maybe imacs are in for a upgrade within a couple weeks (to meron chips possibly). Are there any changes due for the macbook or macbook pro? I could easily put my purchase off until late October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.