iPad Graphic Conversion App?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I am looking for an app that runs on IOS devices and converts graphics from one format to another (mostly from PNG to JPG). The files are not large but I usually do not have my laptop to do the conversion that way.

I have seen several photography/graphic applications in the app store but most don't seem to specify whether they do conversion. The converted files would be output to a memory card using the camera kit and loaded onto a digital photo frame.

C

chas_m

Since the iPad doesn't have a real file storage system, what you want is not really possible without "the cloud." And even then, far more elaborate a dance than it would be on a regular computer.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am only guessing here, but I would think you'd need to jailbreak it to accomplish a task such as moving files off the iPad via the camera kit.

OP
S

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting them off of the iPad is not really that big an issue. I can dump them to my MobileMe account and grab them from there as needed.

It's not a huge issue. I think I have access to a Win box with appropriate software. I could also do the conversion at home. Just thought the iPad option might be good since I almost always have it with me.

OP
S

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I downloaded that one just before I started the thread. Editing seems basic enough but I have not tried it with a .png file yet to see if it reads those. That's one thing I can say about the descriptions of photo apps in the app store. Most mention whether RAW and jpg are handled but few, if any give a full list of supported formats.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.