• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Am i a victim of IP Spoofing?

M

macgwyver

When i have just Safari and or mail open all is fine, but when i use Aquisition or Bit Torrent I get good connection for a while then it all goes belly up, downoad speeds go down to 0.1, if i have Safari open it says I am not connected to the internet, console.log has various messages -

"Nov 5 10:32:53 mDNSResponder: NOTE: Wide-Area Service Discovery disabled to avoid crashing defective DNS relay 194.168.8.100."

">>> Warning: UDP sendto failed: (65, 'No route to host')
Nov 5 10:52:42 mDNSResponder: mDNSPlatformSendUDP sendto failed to send packet on InterfaceID 0180D200 en0/4 to 224.0.0.251:5353 skt 9 error -1 errno 65 (No route to host) 4035652752

Network Diagnostics
Reveal multiple locations
Automatic
i4
Location (14/08/2006 08.37) does this mean anything to anyone???:tusks:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Frankly, no it doesn't, but my guess is that your router is getting swamped by all the P2P traffic and falling over. I've found that some routers are worse than others for this.

I'd bet that if you shut down the P2P software, your network will be back to normal after a couple of minutes, once all the traffic has died down.

I don't think you should worry about IP spoofing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Oh, just thought, if it's the router then any other computers on your network will also grind to a halt; if not, then it's not the router.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.