Mac OSX 10.5 auto shutdowns

Reaction score
Hi, I'm still very new to Macs. I've been having this auto shutdown problem ever since I upgraded to 10.5 from 10.4. I'll describe it as follow,

With the current 10.5 OS X, with the power supply continuously feeding my MacBook Pro, this auto shutdown problem will not occur. It only occurs when I'm running purely on battery whereby once it reaches around 80%, it'll just shutdown for no reason.

I've checked the energy savings options, don't see any options to result in the above.

Would appreciate any feedback on the above. It is very traumatising to be outside with a full battery life when I can only utilise only 20% for it. :Confused:

btw, its on 10.5.1. I doubt 10.5.2 can resolve this problem so thought I'll ask about it first.

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Upgrading, if that was the path you took , caused a lot of hassles according to posts. Maybe back up the drive to external and do a clean install.

Reaction score
You could try and check under Preferences - Security - General and ensure the check box to auto logout after x amount of time is not checked. That was one of my problems....

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

Doesn't seem like the problem's with auto logout. Reinstalling the whole OS would really be a last desperate resort for me. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.