RAM Install for my ibook

N

nfreshman

I have an ibook g4, late 2004 model with 256MB. It is dragging opening programs, freezes often, etc. I figure I could use a RAM boost. Will a 512MB upgrade get me there if I really only do e-mail, itunes and iphoto?

Can I pop the top and install it myself? I have done it on PCs, but I am a little scared of the mac.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12in 1gig RAM + 24in Imac 2.16 2.5 gig RAM Leopard
its just as easy for mac. i did it in less than five minutes and i had never done it before. Just make sure to purchase the correct kind.
good luck

OP
J

jennej

I just upgraded to 1gb last night. It was much easier than I thought it would be, no more difficult than a PC. I ordered my upgrade from crucial.com. Go for it!

Jenny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I think if you add 512 you will gain a significant amount of power for what you do, although down the line you may want to upgrade again to 1 gig.
It is very easy to upgrade the ram yourself and instructions come with the ibook, if you still have the documentation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.