I need help Faxing from Lion. Can anyone please help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 24" imac osx 10.7.5, 2.16 GHz 4 m SDRAM(low latency), IPHONE 5s 64 ,IPAD 3RD GEN. 64G verizon
Now that I have updated to Loin, I have a window that pops up at restart that tells me that my computer cannot use my Apple USB MODEN.I have read some reviews at Amozon that sugest that the" ZOOM 3095 USB Mini External Moden-USB-1xRJ-11 Phone Line-56 Kbps" will work when faxing from Lion. Does the Zoom moden just plug in or is the install complicated? Any sugestions? Please help me to fax from Lion using a Moden.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Good question as I have the same issue since upgrading to Lion. Apple USB modem no longer recognized in Lion. I had to fax the other day and just used a free online Fax service. I was hoping Apple would release a driver for Lion and their modem but not holding my breath the way they feel about modems.

Will check on that Zoom and see what I can find.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
This thread caught me by surprise, in that though we still have a Fax machine at work, I haven't used it in years.

Fax used to be a major part of getting things done around the office. I had thought it had disappeared from the business world, but apparently I was wrong.

What else is still out there. Anyone running Mimeograph machines?

No offense intended to the OP by the way.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Razor, for an example, my ISP needed me to fax them my modem rebate. They asked me to fax it to them. Otherwise I never use it. Just once in a blue moon, but when needed, I need it! :D

I should have asked them why they just did not ask me to do a file attach to an email to them! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I've had to fax in my backcountry permit requests to the National Park Service, as well as loan documentation.. oh and other things that need a physical signature (background investigation forms, etc).

They're still out there ;) Fortunately my printer faxes.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Razor, for an example, my ISP needed me to fax them my modem rebate. They asked me to fax it to them. Otherwise I never use it. Just once in a blue moon, but when needed, I need it! :D

I should have asked them why they just did not ask me to do a file attach to an email to them! :D

I've had to fax in my backcountry permit requests to the National Park Service, as well as loan documentation.. oh and other things that need a physical signature (background investigation forms, etc).

They're still out there ;) Fortunately my printer faxes.

Very odd!

You would think in either case that scanning to PDF and then email attach would give them what they need.

How many offices that have a Fax machine don't have email?

Sorry, OP, not intending to hijack your thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Well, I'm not a fan of emailing (open text ya know) unencrypted PDFs with personal info. Fax is inherently more secure that way

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mike, this FAX was a stupid UPC code on the bottom of the modem! :D Email would have been fine. The free online FAX worked great though.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 24" imac osx 10.7.5, 2.16 GHz 4 m SDRAM(low latency), IPHONE 5s 64 ,IPAD 3RD GEN. 64G verizon
Someone knows , I hope.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Like I said, trying to find out. Will get back to you when I do. Want to be sure.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Zoom works

I got the Zoom and it now works fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.